What is this about?
A Cub Scout MinuteCub Muster centers on Colonial Life, Minutemen, patriotism, fun and the American Revolution. There are numerous activities, song, music and discovery making this an event suitable for the entire Cub Scout family.
To get the most fun out of this day we recommend that your MinuteCubs make the Air Powered Marshmallow Firing Imitation Smooth Bore Flintlock Musket (APMFISBFM) prior to Muster.It makes a fun Den activity.
- Gunsmith, farmers, joiner and chair maker.
- Customize your tricorn hat during registration
- Colonial Village Center with miller, seamstress, lace maker and pottery making.
- Learn the manual of arms with Marching
- Review surgery options and see the surgeons tools.
- Tour a British and Colonial Encampment with soap making and candlestick making.
- Meet a blacksmith and a cooper
- Work with a tin monger.
- Who were the Minutemen and what did they do for work?
- Skirmish and tactics between the Minutemen and the British Infantry
- Conversations with Minutemen, French Regulars, British, Colonial Regulars and others.
- Meet dragoons and learn about horses.
- Tomahawk throwing …
- Work with a joiner and cobbler.
- Meet George Washington, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and other Patriots
- Various fife and drums, violins, songs. Plus contra dancing for adults
- Review Bunker Hill, Saratoga, Trenton, Monmouth and Yorktown
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident…”
- Take part in border skirmishes, known as a "very large" FOOD FIGHT